Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Layout

I've had this blog since Jan 2009, and it's always looked the same. For a lot of readers I know it doesn't matter, because Google Reader is the great equalizer - everything looks the way the RSS feed formats it (which is no formatting at all).

But I decided it was time to upgrade - the main issue I had was that the blog post text area was not wide enough. I wanted to use more of the screen, and not have the post be so skinny. It looked okay when you viewed the sidebar and post together, but if you scrolled down past the sidebar, well shoot - there were barely six words to a line!

So I like this format better. I tried changing the colors to something completely different - but then that throws me off. So I kept the colors similar.

Comment, suggestions? Is this easier to read?

4 comments:

  1. I like the new layout. It's clean, simple and easy to read. I actually just revamped my layout, too. The new layout designer bubble popped up when I was on google and I decided "what the hell."

    If you want an idea, I think maybe you could add a graphic to the header since the title is so clever. Maybe something outlier related?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new layout, it makes the posts easier to read and I second the idea of having a graphic to the header :)

    A.L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good but the only issue is that the body column doesn't reflow if you make the browser window narrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I was thinking of doing a header design - I'll put it on my list.

    I would love to have the width adjust to browser size, but I can't figure out how to make that work. I know it should be possible, though, so one of these days I'll make it a point to get to the bottom of it...

    ReplyDelete