Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lemon Rolls

I saw this recipe for Lemon Rolls come up in my Google Reader - and come on, how could I not? And cream cheese glaze... well consider me sold.

So for the most recent study break for my girls in the dorm, I made cookies and lemon rolls.


The dough is a pretty basic yeasted bread variety, but lemon juice and zested lemon are included for an extra kick.


Yummy filling... seemed so odd to be making rolls with no cinnamon sugar! I decided I would have to have two rolls, to properly decide if they reached the standard cinnamon-roll quality bar.


Rolling out and spreading the filling...


then rolling right back up!


Trying not to squash the pretty roll as I cut it (I used to hate mushing the roll when I made cinnamon rolls as a kid with my Mom... but with freshly sharp knives, and a little better adult motor skills, it seemed to work out!).


If you a nerd like me, you will realize that the fattest rolls are at the center of the roll, and the smallest ones are at the end. So the optimum placing of the rolls in the pan is not in sequential order... but instead the biggest rolls should be in the same row as the smallest, second-biggest with second-smallest, etc.


But no matter how much time you spend over-thinking it, in the end it doesn't matter all that much. Look at that deliciousness! Add the cream cheese glaze, and...


... drool. My girls and I polished off two 8x10 pans of these, plus cookies. I'd say a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment