Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Tense Night

Last night I washed my face and got ready for bed, and as I walked across the hall to my room, I saw a big dark blob skittering along the floor. In my bare feet, and without contacts in, I groped around for a shoe or something to squash it with. When I turned back around - with heavy book in hand - I was just in time to see the thing dart into my bedroom and go behind the door.

When I followed in hot pursuit, behind the door was empty.

I had lost a big dark crawly hoppy thing in my bedroom.

Try as I might, I could not find it, even after I retrieved my wits and my glasses.

It was a long night trying to get to sleep. I still can't decide whether it was a mouse or a cockroach.

1 comment:

  1. Well the good thing is, neither one of them is very likely to bite you. Only slightly comforting, I know...

    ReplyDelete