Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tape Measure CAD

Remember that tape measure I took apart? Well, the professor approved of the choice and it is now the official object my team is going to work on all semester. The first thing we had to do was make a CAD model of it. Three people on our team of six worked on the CAD (including myself), and if I do say so we kicked butt! For reference, here is the actual tape measure:




Then look at these gorgeous models:





And the pretty drawings we made:





It's a little ridiculous how excited I was about these pretty pictures. After six years of engineering training, this is what I do - model gadgets that have been around since 1868...

2 comments:

  1. I've grown up looking at the work my dad does with CAD models, and yet, they never cease to awe me. Somehow, looking at the little tape measure as the sum of all its parts makes it so much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are these 3d model files available for download?

    ReplyDelete