Sunday, May 31, 2009

Japanese Zucchini and Onions

My second foray into international cooking: Japanese Zucchini and Onions



This one was because there was a bunch of delicious looking zucchini on sale at the grocery store, and I had leftovers after making banana-zucchini bread.

As a side note, I had gotten a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble as a thank you from someone, and I used it today to buy a cookbook. I never see the point in buying actual books, because after I read them I never look at them on my shelf again. That's what libraries are for!

So I bought Cooking Light: Light and Easy Menus, and I am very excited about it. It was different than the other cookbooks that just list 600 recipes by category - this one only has 200 recipies or so, but it's organized into menus by SEASON. So now that I am planning to get off my butt and make it to the farmer's market, I can look under the "Summer" section and get a three-dish menu shopping list. It also lists the nutrition info for each dish, which I guess is pretty common now, but I appreciate it anyway.

Onward and upward, Suzie Homemaker...

No comments:

Post a Comment