Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shifting Plans

So, this particular weekend has nearly set a record for number of times plans have changed.

I was going to go to New York City for the weekend - a friend from undergrad who lives far, far away now was going to be there. But then she had an accident (she'll be fine, thank goodness) and couldn't make it. So then out of the blue another friend asked me if I wanted to go rock climbing after work Friday night with a couple other people, and since I was now free I said sure! But then she got caught up in lab and the trip got canceled.

I had signed up for a cooking class Sunday morning; one of my friends in the dorm is organizing it. But the cook doesn't want to come out tomorrow due to adverse weather conditions in the forecast, so that's been rescheduled as well.

Shoot, the other thing I had on my list this weekend is a basketball game Sunday afternoon. Let's cross fingers hoping that's still on...

But you know what? I'm lucky to have so many cool things available for me to do - and people with which to do them. And if they all fall through, I'm not one to complain about a night curled up with my computer and a big mug of hot cocoa.

Some weekends are just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment