Monday, January 11, 2010

Conference Pictures

Last November I attended a conference in Sunny, Warm city, and I had a great time all around. However I realized I failed to show the pictures I took! So:

First stop upon arrival - bed!

In the morning, making my way through the hotel lobby to the conference:



Okay, so I tried to be a little artsy with it. :)

Next day, exploring the grounds in the afternoon:





Taking note of some interesting sculptural details at dinner:

In the middle of the conference, the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce was unveiled and placed on exhibit. Lamborghini actually gave a talk on how they make this car - some pretty advanved stuff goes on, including intense aerodynamics, innovative lightweight carbon-fiber composites, etc. 

Of course, all anybody cares about is the new 670-horsepower engine that achieves a top speed of 212 miles per hour:

And of interest to me - look at the size of the brakes needed to stop this thing!

You don't think I passed up a chance to sit in the driver's seat, do you? :)

All in all, it was a much needed vacation as well as academic exercise. It was good to sit back and just let life (and the sun) soak in. I should go to conferences more often. Maybe I should get back to work this morning so I can write the papers to get me in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment