Thursday, September 17, 2009

Curried Mahimahi with Mango Chutney, Snow Peas and Green Onion Rice

Trader Joe's had mahimahi fish on sale, so I followed a recipe from my Cooking Light cookbook for Curried Mahimahi with Mango Chutney.

I didn't even know what chutney was, but I managed to find it in the grocery store and it is DELICIOUS. A blend of sweet and spicy flavors, littered with mango pieces. The topping for the fish in the recipe called for a mix of the mango chutney, coconut, and raisins, which sounds odd but turned out lovely. Made me feel very gourmet. The fish was breaded in a mix of flour, curry, and a couple other spices and pan fried on the stove.

I added steamed snow peas as a side, and cooked rice with a dash of salt and a handful of chopped green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment