Monday, May 18, 2009

Always Something

It seems I have stress fractured my foot. Apparently playing basketball and taking dance classes and step aerobics classes in $20 Target shoes is not the best plan. (Although on a side note, I'm not sure I believe that $100 shoes are worth it. As an engineer I know how shoes are made, there's nothing worth $100 in there... In fact, the best runners swear by running barefoot, so what gives?)

There is, of course, nothing they can do. A cast is not required, just "stay off it" and wear an Ace bandage. Lovely. Just when we had gotten to flip-flop weather.

And this is disappointing, because I had just worked my way up to two risers underneath my step in step class. By the time my foot heals, I'm going to have to start at one riser again. Sigh. Ah well. I'll swim or something to get in my exercise.

Yeah, right. I'm studying for quals, exercise is going to fall by the wayside... :)

1 comment:

  1. I recently suffered the same problem (right before the peak of college frisbee season, no less), although mine turned out to be an inflamed tendon instead of a stress fracture like I thought.
    It's very annoying when the only thing you can do is ice and wait.
    Barefoot all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete