Friday, November 20, 2009

Health Care Shenanigans

So a while back I had an allergic reaction to something, and I wasn't sure what caused it.

The week after, my face swelled up again. I realized that I had used my face lotion that morning, thereby solving the mystery.



After a bit of research (well, really I just read the Amazon.com reviews) it turns out that some people do indeed have this reaction to this particular lotion. It's rare, so I guess I'm just special.

I took myself to the doctor, who fixed me up with an injection and prescription for the next week. I was fine by the next day - the wonders of modern medicine. The doctor recommended I see an allergist to figure out what's in the lotion that my skin doesn't like, so I can avoid it in the future.

Good idea, I thought, so this week I called an asked for an appointment. I got one.

Feb 10th, 2010.

Well I can tell how far down on the triage list MY request is.... I think I'll just look at the ingredient list on the jar, and call it good.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment